Back to Careers
Solicitor – Construction Law
Quigg Golden is a busy, expanding construction and procurement law firm with offices in Dublin, Belfast, London and Maidstone. In order to help expand our unique offering within the Irish Construction Law marketplace, we are now seeking to recruit a talented and ambitious Solicitor with a strong track record of Construction Litigation in Ireland.
We at Quigg Golden see ourselves as an integral part of the Construction industry and essentially a construction firm which uses the law to solve construction problems – as opposed to a firm of Solicitors which merely specialises in construction law. By combining over 20 years of experience advising some of the biggest names in construction across the UK, Ireland and the Middle East with a team of talented, committed and highly skilled Civil Engineers, Quantity Surveyors and Solicitors, unlike most ‘traditional’ law firms, we can boast of a unique selling point in providing full-spectrum advice and understanding to clients. In addition, we also offer a training service to clients in the construction industry, allowing them to better equip key staff with the technical knowledge to manage the legal aspects of a construction project.
In addition to being a qualified Solicitor with a minimum of 2 years PQE within a Construction law setting, the successful candidate will have:
- A strong and detailed knowledge of Irish Litigation matters within the context of Construction Law.
- Knowledge of the processes and practices within Construction alternative dispute management, specifically in Adjudication, Arbitration, Mediation and Conciliation
- Contract drafting, negotiation and advice in regard to standard forms.
- Ability to advise on dispute avoidance and contract management, claims analysis and negotiation.
- Exquisite interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and decision making.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and in frequently pressurised situations.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills; the ability to manage a busy individual and team workload and meet client needs on a consistent basis.
- A strong analytical ability combined with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to lead and mentor others.
In addition, the ideal candidate would also bring:
- Knowledge of Procurement policy strategy and EU procurement law issues.
- Experience in the management of teams in delivering multiple projects to strict deadlines;
- Experience in successfully winning new clients through personal and collective business development activity.
- Deep knowledge of the commercial, legal and policy aspects of the construction industry and/or public procurement in Ireland.
- A market leading starting salary (fully negotiable dependent upon experience). This is reviewed annually.
- Flexible working practices.
- 30 days annual holiday entitlement (incl public holidays – business closes over the Christmas and New Year period).
- Regular staff training, including overseas summer training trip.
- Opportunities to further develop professional and technical education through a commitment to CPD.
- Pleasant, modern office location in D2.
- Defined ‘Pathway to Partner’ and hence a very real opportunity to quickly progress through the company to a very senior level for the right person.
Please submit a tailored CV and Covering Letter to recruitment@QuiggGolden.com or contact our Practice Director, Gavin Hendrie for a confidential and informal chat about the role and how you might fit.