Back to Careers
Senior Associate – Construction Law
Quigg Golden is a busy, expanding construction and procurement law firm with offices in Dublin, Belfast, London and Maidstone. We are seeking a talented solicitor with at least 6 years experience of construction and procurement law to help lead our ambitious and talented team in our Dublin office.
We at Quigg Golden see ourselves as an integral part of the Construction industry and essentially a construction firm which uses the law to solve construction problems as opposed to a law firm which merely specialises in construction law. By combining over 20 years of experience advising some of the biggest names in construction across the UK, Ireland and the Middle East with a team of talented, committed and highly skilled Engineers, Quantity Surveyors and Solicitors, we can boast of a unique selling point in providing full-spectrum advice and understanding to clients unlike most ‘traditional’ law firms. Unlike those same firms, we also offer a training service to those in the construction industry, allowing them to better equip key staff with the technical knowledge to manage the legal aspects of a construction project.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 6 years PQE, ideally in a construction practice, ideally with experience of:
- Contentious and non-contentious construction and/or procurement law matters.
- Construction dispute management including litigation, mediation, conciliation, arbitration, adjudication and other ADR processes.
- Contract drafting, negotiation and advice.
- Dispute avoidance and contract management.
- Claims analysis and negotiation.
- Procurement policy strategy and EU procurement law issues.
- Experience in the management of teams in delivering multiple projects to strict deadlines;
- Experience in successfully winning new clients through personal and collective business development activity.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and decision making.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and in frequently pressurised situations.
- Deep knowledge of the commercial, legal and policy aspects of the construction industry and/or public procurement in Ireland.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills; the ability to manage a busy individual and team workload and meet client needs on a consistent basis.
- A strong analytical ability combined with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to lead and mentor others.
- A starting salary of €80,000 – €90,0000 dependent upon experience. This is reviewed annually.
- 10% performance related bonus.
- 30 days annual holiday entitlement (incl public holidays – business closes over the Christmas and New Year period).
- Regular staff training, including overseas summer training trip.
- Opportunities to further develop professional and technical education through a commitment to CPD.
- Dedicated parking space and pleasant office location in Ballsbridge.
- Defined ‘Pathway to Partner’ and hence a very real opportunity to progress through the company to a very senior level for the right person.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €80,000.00 to €90,000.00 /year