Back to Careers
Junior Associate – Legal / Quantity Surveyor / Civil Engineer
Due to an increasing demand for our professional services we need to recruit a full-time permanent Junior Associate with 1-2 years’ post-qualified experience in a Legal / Quantity Surveying / Civil Engineering profession to join our team in Belfast. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to join Quigg Golden with the opportunity to progress in the role and to other areas of the business.
Working under the direction and supervision of senior staff members, the role of a Junior Associate will entail:
- Liaising directly with clients on a regular basis on construction and/or procurement law matters;
- Provide advice to clients on dispute avoidance/management including arbitration, mediation, conciliation, adjudication, litigation and other ADR processes;
- Contract drafting, negotiation and management advice particularly NEC4 and JCT;
- Claims analysis and negotiation;
- Producing letters, legal documents, tender documentation and contracts;
- Producing claim and defence documents;
- Design and delivery of training programmes; and
- Assisting with all aspects of practice development.
To achieve this, applicants should have:
- A strong academic background in a legal/ construction related field;
- An excellent track record in their primary discipline with supporting references;
- A sound commercial knowledge and keen interest in the legal aspects of the construction industry;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- An ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- An ability to meet deadlines efficiently and to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at every stage; and
- A strong desire to develop a career with an ambitious firm providing a high-quality service to meet and exceed its client requirements.
In addition to the above, the following attributes would be advantageous:
- Construction and/or procurement experience;
- Experience in successfully winning new clients through personal and collective business development activity;
- A willingness to work throughout the UK and Ireland including periods supporting the companies Dublin, London and Maidstone offices on short notice;
- A high level of IT awareness, must be proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office Packages; and
- A full driving licence.
Quigg Golden is keenly aware that the foundation of their success has been attracting and retaining talented and highly capable people. The starting salary will be flexible to meet the needs of the right candidate, in the region of £20000 to £30000. You will also receive Annual Bonus Scheme, 30 days annual leave, membership of a company pension scheme, private healthcare insurance, Cycle 2 Work Scheme, generous travelling expenses and a very real opportunity to develop a long-term career path.
We pride ourselves on providing market leading training and development opportunities, including twice Annual Staff Training (occasionally overseas). Based in a modern, spacious well-equipped city centre office space, we offer a working environment to inspire people to achieve more.
Applicants from all backgrounds are welcomed, diversity in all its forms is valued and understood. You may have Legal, Civil Engineering, Construction, QS experience. You must share in their commitment to providing a first-class professional service to clients whilst always demonstrating integrity, teamwork and excellence.
If interested, click the ‘Apply now’ button to submit your cover letter and CV.